Friday, February 3, 2012

First Days are Never Smooth

Today was my first day on the job without a trainer...yay! But, as I got into work and all clocked in for the day, things quickly went awry and it was the longest morning ever. Because I was a float, I didn't know where I was going to be working so, first, I had to change costumes. Which took forever because I couldn't find the locker room and then I discovered that my costume was a size too big. Oops. Then, I had to go back to base and check out my equipment, and somehow find the staircase that leads where I need to go. I got lost.

Once I was up on Main Street, things started to go better for a little while...until my camera kept holding onto photos and wouldn't let them onto the PDA and my PDA wasn't communicating at all with my camera. After I tried the basic troubleshooting I was taught, nothing went better. Which meant I had to go all the way back down to base to get my equipment fixed. This happened three times.

After I got my equipment all sorted out, things went smoother in the afternoon - I got to talk to dozens of families and take their pictures while experiencing two Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It! dance parties from Main Street, I got to hear/watch Dream Along with Mickey twice and I got to see the beginning of the Celebrate a Dream Come True parade before I was wisked off to punch out.

It was a long day, but despite all the technical trouble, I still love my job! There is nothing like being in the Magic Kingdom all day, getting to talk to guests from all around the world. My favorite encounter of the day was a little girl who was so excited that I could put Tinkerbell in her hands that she gave me the longest and biggest hug ever. It was so, so, so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment