Monday, January 30, 2012

Hopping Around the World

Today was my second day off since I've been on the program, so I got up early and hopped the bus over to the Magic Kingdom. From the TTC, I hopped the monorail to Epcot to explore. Since I was by myself today, I brought my DSLR to take some photos around the world. Since I slept in, I arrived at Epcot shortly before 11am, and since World Showcase wasn't open yet, I decided to pay my dear friend Figment a ride on Journey into Your Imagination.

Afterwards, I checked out the line at Soarin (way too long, so I passed it up) and then rode the Seas with Nemo and Friends and Test Track with the single rider line. By then, World Showcase had opened up so I wandered from country to country, taking photos and exploring. I rode the rides in Mexico and Norway, but other than that, I just explored and took a lot of photographs of everything I saw. By the time I had made it around the world, it was shortly after 2:30pm, so I made my way back to the front of the park, rode Spaceship Earth and then hopped the monorail back to the Magic Kingdom.

At the Magic Kingdom, I wandered around and took a lot of photographs, rode Space Mountain (walk on, in the middle of the afternoon!), Carousel of Progress, the PeopleMover (formally Tomorrowland Transit Authority) and Monster's Inc Laugh Floor. I then explored the lands, taking photographs and people watching before ending up back on Main Street to watch Dream Along With Mickey (my favorite!, can you tell?) and then headed out of the park shortly after 6pm so I could catch a bus back to Chatham Square and get some things done around the apartment before I had to work tomorrow.

Even though I was by myself, I had a blast on my second day off! I'm so excited to complete my training this week for Photpass and start capturing memories like the ones I'm making in the parks.

No comments:

Post a Comment